Revolving Loan Fund
The Chief Executive Officer (or designee) of any business wishing to establish a new business or expand an existing business in Iron County may apply.
Loans shall be available to eligible applicants for the following activities:
- Acquisition of Land, buildings, and fixed equipment.
- Working capital and inventory.
- Site preparation and construction, reconstruction or installation of buildings and fixed equipment.
- Clearance and demolition, removal or rehabilitation of buildings and improvements.
- Payment of assessments for sewer, water, street and other public utilities if the provision of the facilities will directly create or retain jobs.
Loans shall not be available for the following activities:
- Refinancing of existing debt.
- Reimbursement for expenditures made prior to loan approval.
- Land, buildings, or fixed equipment not essential to the business.
- Residential building construction or reconstruction.
- Routine maintenance.
- Loans are subject to availability of Program Funds.
- Loan amounts from $2500 to $100,000 will be considered.
- Interest rate may be fixed or graduated on a fixed schedule.
- In no case shall the interest rate be less than 3 percent or greater than 2 percent above the prime rate as published in the Wall Street Journal at the time the contract is prepared for signature.
- The repayment schedule shall be set up for either monthly payments.
- Payment of interest and/or principal may be deferred for up to 2 years if justified in the loan application. Interest shall accrue during the deferment period and shall be added to the principal amount of the loan.
- Working capital shall have a maximum term of 7 years. Other loans shall not exceed the term of private financing, or the life of the asset(s) being financed, and in no case shall they exceed 15 years.
- Collateral may consist of a first or second lien on all assets to be purchased with loan proceeds, a lien on all other assets owned and used in the business, and personal guarantees of all owners.
- Must leverage at least $1.00 of private funds for every $1.00 of loan funds requested.
- At least 1 full-time permanent position created or retained for every $20,000 of land funds requested.
- Must demonstrate that the proposed project is not eligible for financing from any other source on reasonably equivalent terms.
- Must demonstrate that the proposed project is viable and the business will be able to repay the loan.
- Application shall comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.