In light of recent events, we are gathering information for our businesses, community leaders, job seekers, and the public about what resources are available during this historic moment.
We are aware of the need to communicate resources to those who are struggling or simply in search of answers.
We hope you will find the information provided helpful.
- Please click on the links for the Cares Resources and SBA to find out what program you are eligible for. Also be in touch with your bank on how they are handling the new programs that are coming out.
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR EIDL PORTAL
EIDL Portal – Up and Running
- Loans are being limited to $150,000.
- 3.75% for businesses, 2.75% for non-profits
- 1 year deferment; interest will continue to accrue over this period
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
Paycheck Protection Program news and notes
- The SBA announced Monday that applications for the Paycheck Protection Program resumed at 8 a.m. today and run through Aug. 8 since the president signed the PPP Extension Act over the holiday weekend, as expected.
- Over $131B still available through local lenders.
- New application: SBA PPP application – revised June 12, 2020
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR PPP FORGIVENESS APPLICATION
PPP Forgiveness Application
New *** 2 methods in which you can process the PPP Forgiveness Application:
EZ Loan Forgiveness Application
- Are self-employed with no employees; OR
- Did not reduce the salaries or wages of their employees by more than 25%, and did not reduce the hours of their employees; OR
- Experienced reductions in business activity as a result of health directives related to COVID-19 and did not reduce the salaries or wages of their employees by more than 25%
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR PPP FULL FORGIVENESS APPLICATION
PPP Full Forgiveness Application
- Condensed application to make it simpler to complete.
- For those that want to keep on the eight week schedule – keep processing the same forms and utilizing the same formulas. Connect with your local financial institutions to see what their process will be.
- SBA will hold webinars soon to review. The SBDC will also hold regional webinars to work with businesses directly.
- SBA PPP Full Forgiveness Application
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR PPP LOAN DATA RELEASED
PPP Loan Data Released
- Monday’s release had loan-level data, including business names, addresses, NAICS codes, zip codes, business type, demographic data, non-profit information, name of lender, jobs supported, and loan amount ranges as follows:
- $350,000-1 million
- $1 – 2 million
- $2-5 million
- $5-10 million
- These categories account for nearly 75 percent of the loan dollars approved. For all loans below $150,000, SBA is releasing all of the above information except for business names and addresses.
Downloadable Guidelines on How to Reopen my Business Sorted by Business Type:
Marketing Your Business Re-Opening: REACHING CUSTOMERS
WEDC adds protective equipment makers to Wisconsin Supplier Network website.
Read about it here: wisconsin-supplier-network-website
Find suppliers here: Equipment Suppliers
Wisconsin Restaurant Initiative
Restaurant Re-Opening Webinar & Pdf presentation: Restaurant Re-Opening Webinar
An EXCELLENT webinar on Employment Discrimination in the Post COVID Era. Presented by the Wisconsin Workforce Development Association’s Talent Development Council. Learn from a panel of experts about what employers need to know as it relates to what they can ask and what they are required to share and do, about exposure to the Coronavirus. Employment Discrimination in the post COVID-19 era
U.S. Department of Labor/Wage and Hour Division
“Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions & Answers READ MORE: Questions & Answers
What Businesses Need to be Doing Regardless of any Government Assistance…Tips for Business
Free Webinar Series
A series of FUN ways you can learn and improve your social media presence as a retailer, restaurant or other customer-driven business.
Updated information on Wisconsin unemployment and how the federal funds will be implemented. CARES Act (a.k.a. Federal Stimulus Bill). READ MORE: Federal Stimulus
Check out Discover Mediaworks while at home by viewing the best of Wisconsin and Outdoor learning resources. Go to: Discover Media Works
COVID-19 Business Resources
This following web page is designed to provide the latest, best information to our clients and the citizens of Wisconsin on resources aimed at maintaining the vitality of the companies upon which our economy depends.
CROWE Data Briefs are short, regular reports meant to highlight timely and important topics. Data briefs bring economic and policy discussions down to the personal level, showing how economic issues affect individuals and communities.
READ MORE: https://crowe.wisc.edu/data-briefs/
In working with WEDC, UW-Oshkosh Center for Customized Research & Services, Visions Northwest Regional Economic Development, and our organization, we ask you to take the survey linked below by April 6th. Results will be available at the county, region, and state levels and will be used by the state to measure economic losses caused by COVID-19 and will assist in future recovery efforts.
The staff at the NWWIB are aware of the need to communicate resources to those who are struggling or simply in search of answers. On our website, we have compiled a list of resources.
Tips & Hacks for Working Remotely
see more: Working Remotely
WI Department of Revenue announces immediate help for small businesses on sales taxes and other steps to help taxpayers in response to COVID-19.
READ MORE: WI Dept. of Revenue help
WORKERS NEEDED by Employers Providing Essential Services.
Read more: Workers Needed for Essential Services
Keep up with the latest on COVID-19 on their web page: Iron County Health Dept.
WITC’s webinars are a free, no pressure option to explore different career fields or gain insight and grow in your current field. To learn more visit: WITC.EDU